Powered by Blogger.

I've been wanting to get into stereo Bluetooth headsets ever since seeing the Motorokr S9s getting launched last year. That was the first time that I could picture myself actually wearing Bluetooth headphones without looking like one of those technophytes on the bus who were too cool for wires, but not cool enough to realize how bulky most stereo Bluetooth headsets looked at the time. I was a little wary of these S-2s initially, since they seemed to fall into that category, but was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality after putting them on - almost enough to ignore the pinching behind my ears.

The Short Version

Man, I hope I don't end up looking like this guy if I put these things on…

S-2 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones
By Cardo ($99.99)

Overall -

Specifications

  • Bluetooth® specification v.1.2, Class 2
  • Range: 33 ft. / 10m
  • Supports Bluetooth® headset and handsfree profiles (A2DP and AVRCP supported)
  • Talk Time: up to 8 hours
  • Music Time: Up to 8 hours
  • Standby Time: up to 250 hours
  • Nominal Charging Time: 3 hours
  • Rechargeable Li-Po battery
  • Weight: 2.8 oz. (79 grams)

Pros

  • Solid bass
  • Same charger as BlackBerry
  • Easy controls

Cons

  • Pinches ears
  • Track forward/back doesn't grip easily
  • Sound slightly muffled

Verdict

If it didn't physically hurt the outside of my ears, I'd be happy to wear these more than a half-hour at a time. The sound and connection quality is generally solid, and the controls are easy to access.