Powered by Blogger.

I can honestly say that upon first removing the Motorola EQ5 from its packaging my immediate response was simply “WOW!!!” – this thing is absolutely gorgeous and is exactly the solution that I have been looking for to listen to music while away on business trips (which happens about half of the year) I had seen plenty of pictures of this 2-in-1 Bluetooth Stereo Travel Speaker + Bluetooth Speakerphone before but I still wasn’t fully prepared to get such an ultraslick, ultrasmall, ultraslim and ultralight product in my hands (you might sense by now that I’m still rather excited about it). There’s no doubt that the Moto EQ5 bears a little resemblance to the iPhone not only with its silver border but also its overall shape and size which is just a little bit thicker and lighter (weighs only 100 grams – 3.53oz) – allowing you to easily carry it in your pocket and making it a perfect travel accessory.As you’d expect from a device compatible with A2DP (see my Bluetooth Stereo Roundup to learn how to enable your Centro or Palm OS Treo with it) the Motorola EQ5 provides direct controls to Play/Pause and Forward/Reverse your music as well as Volume and a multifunction Call Answer/End button.A charging port (uses microUSB) is hidden behind a flap on the left while a convenient 3.5mm Audio In port is hidden on the right. The addition of an Audio In port means that if you prefer you can also use the Moto EQ5 as a wired speaker solution (image below) for either your smartphone (requires Stereo Adapter), PC or MP3 player.
In my case I have now gone completely wireless with literally all my music both at home, the office and now while travelling thanks to having Softick Audio Gateway installed on my Centro and 1) the Remote Stereo Gateway connected to my main high-end Hi-Fi equipment; 2) my Bluetooth Stereo Headphones which I use while running; 3) the terrific BlueAnt M1 Bluetooth Stereo Speakers which I have in the office and 4) now finally also the Moto EQ5 which I will always have with me while on the go.The Motorola EQ5 is not just beautiful but also rather powerful. For starters, you will be surprised to hear just how loud and clear the speakers are for such a tiny unit. In this respect, it’s worthwhile noting that the EQ5 delivers high definition stereo sound powered by SRS WOW HD technology. Additionally, it offers 6 hours of music play time.

The integrated Bluetooth speakerphone for its part delivers very good call quality (sample above) with built-in echo cancellation and noise reduction technology with 12 hours talk time and up to 150 hours standby time.