Powered by Blogger.


The Gigabyte G-Smart t600 is an interesting device - I’ve had one for a couple of weeks, and so thought I would share some thoughts:
The packaging of the device is good (as with the MS800), and included the mains charger, extra stylus, and stereo headphones/hands-free. Not as loaded as with the MS800, but serviceable nonetheless

The device is solidly constructed - I am really getting to like the build quality of Gigabyte devices, it seems they have spent some time making sure that it feels good in the hand, and there is no creakage! On-device, we are running WinMo 6 Pro O/S, again with some Gigabyte-specific trimmings - the most interesting of these is the DVB-T tuner application - yes, I said that right, DVB-T!

This device, in theory at least, is equipped with a Multi-standard (Mobile) TV receiver - now here’s the big downside….. in my testing, I could not get the tuner to work at all, despite scanning ALL the DVB-T frequency blocks available in the application. Call me disappointed, I was really looking forward to this.

Specs-wise, there is a pretty good selection:
The screen seems perhaps just a tad small, but other than that, the device is pleasureable to use. Much like it’s business-oriented stablemate, the MS800, the device is available independently through Gigabyte’s resellers, as oppose to through Operators. If you would like a UK list of resellers, go here. If you want to check out the t600 on Gigabyte’s website, go here.